My AIESEC Experience by Daniel

  • 0
Now my experience is finished. When I look back what I see is one of the greatest experiences that I ever lived. To explain my experience, I have to divide it into three parts.

First of all I have to talk about AQUA 2.0, the project where I was volunteering. When I applied to Aqua I did not expect the amazing project that has been. When we started the project, each of us prepared a talk on a topic of environmental problems. We were very excited to start the school sessions. Once we started we realized about the incredible opportunity to teach and learn. It was so nice to interact with the students, and that was thanks to AIESEC south Colombo, because they provided everything we need. It was nice and pleasant because the students were having a good time while they were learning.


It was not always easy. In some schools we met the linguistically wall of difficulty due to the lack of English language experience. However we never gave up to try our best. With our vitality we could express our ideas and we finally interacted successfully with all the students. The rewarding experience did not just come from our teaching; it came also of the exchanging of culture. I really do not know if they learned from us, us much we learned from them.


The other part it would be the experience of tourism. Sri Lanka it’s such a wonderful place to visit. The country have some of the better landscapes that I have ever seen. What I loved more of Sri Lanka, is that you can see the contrast of sea and mountain. If you go through the coast you will see wonderful beaches, paradisiacal beaches. But if you go to the central regions of the country you will find mountains, rain forest and a lot of tea crops. I quickly fell in love of Sri Lanka, I will never forget what my eyes saw, and I will keep all in my heart. And most important, some day I will come back.


Finally the last part is my own experience that I lived in Sri Lanka, my own interaction with the culture, and my personal challenge living out of my comfort zone. My first two weeks were so difficult for me especially, I arrived to Sri Lanka with a bad English due my lack of vocabulary, and that did not allowed me to have normal and fluent conversations. It was so hard for me to communicate with my mates. But I never gave up, and with the help of some of them I improved a lot. Once I gained enough level of English I started to live one of my most exciting experience ever.


By the other hand, when I arrived there I met the cultural wall of Asian people. Some times it was so hard to understand some kinds of their behaviours. But I really enjoyed that, I had the opportunity to learn their cultures and share mine. I made a lot of friends of China, Singapore, Canada, Korea, Sri Lanka, etc. I met amazing people that I already miss now. I really hope to see them all again. I am also glad to have had the opportunity to live as any other in Sri Lanka. I know that I did not lived exactly like them, but I did not lived as a tourist. 


Concluding I must say thanks to all my friends from AIESEC south Colombo and my friends that were volunteering with me. Thanks for one of the most rewarding experience ever. I will miss you all a lot. And I really hope to see you all again.

Daniel Fernández Bosman

No comments:

Post a Comment