Li's Blog

  • 0


Opportunities can be found in the most unexpected places. I always enjoyed work rather than travel or relaxation. Thus the struggle in buses, vans and trains is not the most pleasant experience. But on one occasion, I found the freedom of going to a local jewellery shop. The manager talked to me for a while and asked me whether I was interested in getting paid by providing translation to non English Mandarin speakers. Amazed by such sudden proposal, I decided to take advantage of the limited luxury in this country. The jewellery shop did have air conditioning and a few unoccupied offices on the side. If by any chances I could provide translation services in return for free use of an office where I could study my frustrating organic chemistry, then it would be the most enjoyable incident ever since I arrived here. I brought forward my proposal but did not receive an immediate answer as the manager had to discuss the situation to their owner. After 2 days, I received a call from the manager, who agreed to my previous proposal.

After these extraordinary acts, I may suspect whether my hopes can proceed as I wish. Will what I ask still result in success for other matters, or is this according to the book "The Alchemist", a beginner's luck, and soon hardships will come. The project is still running easily, I shall remain humble and observe carefully my surroundings. I shall be prepared to eliminate any challenges or difficulties that stand in my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment