Hawa's Blog

  • 0
In Sri Lanka, there is too much going on at any time, the place is filled with such interesting chaos that you can't help but move your head everywhere to see it all. Despite it being different from anywhere I have been, I felt strangely at home by the end of the first week. Over time, I even found myself craving for rice and curry.

One of the most memorable times would be interacting with students from the schools. The children that we met on our school sessions were inspiring, full of life and sincere. Despite language barriers we could get our message across and most of them were much more knowledgeable about environmental issues than we thought. All of them exceeded expectations and I hope that in the future they would pass on the same message to others.


The project itself held much importance, not just for our earth but for those suffering from illness as well. It would have been a bonus to create a greater impact, but I believe what we have done so far did lend a hand in the situation. It is heartening to see that the determination to help the plight of those in need still remains strong, for now and for the years to come. 

Many things in Sri Lanka felt new, yet close to home at the same time. It reminded me that despite the differences we are all just humans after all and I truly enjoyed every moment we spent working and travelling together. In every journey, there are bound to be both good and bad times, but the friends made and experiences shared made it all worthwhile.~ :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment